Friday, March 28, 2008

nourished heart

I know I've mentioned how busy these 4 weeks are, so I'm going to ask you some questions. Please answer in any way that inspires you.

  • What does Nourished Heart mean to you?
  • Have you ever struggled with your weight, body image, what or amount you eat? How does it affect you now? What helps? What has helped you in the past?

More to come on this, but it's a major focus of my work and I'd love to hear from you about any experiences you'd like to share.

A quick sign off to end this week, but not before thanking witty and generous Candace for her kind words about this blog...Wow! Is that what being tagged means??

3 comments:

Rachel Weiss said...

These questions are terrific. I'm feeling something here, but won't say it just yet. Body image, well yes. 16 months post partum I'm feeling way better than 1 yr ago, but when I don't walk everyday and eat wheat bagels/pasta my pants don't fit right and I get the grumpies. What saves me is brushing my teeth after I eat, whenever the kiddos do. I like to have at least 2 types of toothpaste too, to keep things fun. More on this later. I like your new intro on your blog, very inviting.

Spokane Southie said...

My heart is nourished when I take the time to do the things I love--just being with my kids and husband (and not worrying about what needs to be done), writing and creating things.
I have struggled with my body image quite a bit since having my second baby. I feel like things will never go back to the way they were before. I also have lots of problems with my lower back and left hip, which creates a vicious cycle of not wanting to exercise because of the pain but being in more pain because I don't exercise.

Candace said...

This is interesting. I work a little bit with my friend Adrienne who works with post partum women and how we metabolize how we feel about our own bodies. It's very emotional. She believes we that no matter what we do, we can't be in top shape unless we deal with the emotional at the same time. No amount of time on the treadmill will do it. It's actually quite fascinating. I could go on as I have LOTS OF BODY ISSUES!